A reconstruction of events.
Watched a sextet of DVDs:
* "Rodney Rude Goes The Growl" (2008) - Final live tour by the filthy, home-grown stand-up legend who I've been following since junior high.
* "Dan Cruickshank's Raiders Of The Lost Art" (2003?) - Investigation into the suspicious looting of the National Museum Of Iraq in Baghdad.
* "Slammed!" (2001) - Cheesy yet likeable pro-wrestling comedy that plays things kayfabe. The matches are so real they don't need refs! :-)
* "Wife Eater" (2003) - Relatively tame hentai with a poor original script, poor dubbing or both. When in doubt, paraphrase previous sentence.
* "Heart Of An Empire" - Review pending.
* "The Shape Of Things" (2003) - I prefer NIDA's take on this confronting drama, despite the flick being helmed (and tweaked) by writer Neil LaBute. Neat extras.
Thanks to LA, DL, Go-Lo's $2 range, the publisher (what must he think of me?), CS and Amazon US, respectively, for that lot.
Sat on the north hill at EnergyAustralia Stadium in Newcastle as my Jets were defeated 0-3 by Queensland Roar in the National Youth League and 1-2 in the A-League. We had a goal disallowed, too. Crowd of 10,500. Stayed with Dad, who does a mean lamb stew. Drank red wine and caught a replay of the Vic Darchinyan fight. I read "The Pirates! In An Adventure With Napoleon" (2008) by Gideon Defoe, fourth in the comedy series worthy of comparison to Adams/Pratchett.
Viddied "When Feeling Japan" photos in Kinokuniya window gallery. Attended a preview screening of "The Class" at Paramount - review pending. Commenced re-reading the second-beautest graphic novel ever: "Watchmen" (1986-87) by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.
Drawing a blank. Just imagine a thrilling escapade and drop me into it.
Between every task, I was checking the US election coverage on www.cnn.com. America chose correctly. P/S of "Defiance" at Roadshow - review pending. At the sushi bar, the ingredients listed on the side of my fruit juice bottle included "natural apple and pear aroma". Since when are we adding smells to beverages?
Scored a "Secret Diary Of A Call Girl" boxed set signed by leading lady Billie Piper! Celebrated by getting drunk. Nah, I just felt like it.
Me [holding a sixpack of imported German Bitburger beer]: "Are these really only $10?"
Bloke at counter: "Yep. It's expired, but I guarantee it still tastes great."
Had my annual squiz at the School Friends web site. Contacted three long-lost pals who'd printed their e-mail addresses and offered to catch up for an ale when they're in Sydney. One message bounced, one dude wasn't that interested and the third didn't reply. Probably for the best.
Devoured a Domino's Super Lot pizza - thumbs up! Ripped through some weekend housework. Currently composing this rubbish. Might get to "Fullmetal Alchemist #17" manga if I'm lucky.
Back to Newie's EnergyAustralia, where I'll be joined by PG, DG and GH for the Rugby League World Cup clash between EnZud and Pomgolia. Staying with my father again.
We'll be glued to the Joe Calzaghe/Roy Jones Jr bout. If you know anything at all about boxing, you'll understand why. I predict alcohol and savoury snacks.