Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bun-appetising

Our new place of business is at the Asian end of town and has opened up a continent of culinary opportunities. This arvo, SC and I - ostensibly taking a break to prevent eye strain - paid a visit to a nearby bakery where I sampled a savoury pastry that doesn't sound very unusual... However, Breadtop's idea of a "sausage bun" ain't a sizzled snag wrapped in a slice of buttered white bread. It's a cocktail frankfurt baked into the centre of a kind of cheese croissant - joined to its Siamese twin. Now, I'm not saying it tasted awful or made me ill, but I do think a more truthful title for this delicacy would be "two deceptively oily, ludicrously sugary sausage buns you'll regret as soon as you finish them - if not before".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home