Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Coming clean

I don't often mention my work interviews on this blog as most of them are with amateur models and even the "big names" would only be familiar to avid followers of tabloids or lads' magazines. Occasionally, though, I get to talk to someone a tad more mainstream.

Like today, when I did a phoner with Pritchard from the MTV TV series/movie "Dirty Sanchez". I expected our discussion to centre on dangerous stunts and painful pranks, but he turns out to have two whole other lives.

Pritch has been a pro skater for the past 15 years and now has his own line of products, including, he tells me, the most popular model of skating shoe in Oz.

He's also a trained chef whose hobbies, when he's not body-battering or board-riding for the camera, are cooking and visiting good restaurants with his girlfriend.

So it turns out he's not a nutter at all - just someone with a high tolerance to pain who's always enjoyed taking risks and managed to luck into a job where doing so brought him cred and cashola. One of the last things he said to me was, "I wanna be a kid till I die."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home