Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, July 14, 2007

You lose some, you win some

I spent 10+ hours gaming today. About 5.5 in Engadine with TC, LPO and SC2 (brother of TC). The other 4.5 or more in Campsie with AP, DL, CM and AM. Doing so was quite the logistical feat and required a trio of bus trips, two train rides, three lifts from three different people and one cab! Thankfully, I have a weekly travel ticket and obliging friends.

My results in daylight hours were up'n'down - "World Of Warcraft" CCG (2nd, but they went easy on me 'cos I was a newbie); "The Simpsons Slam Dunk" card game (1st, then last); the elegant 1971 Waddington's boardgame "Buccaneer" (2nd); "Cave Troll" b/g (last); "Incan Gold" c/g (1st, 2nd, =last on 0 treasure!).

Things improved after dark at the poker table. In our regular Texas Hold'em tourney, I was runner-up to CM (and made a $10 profit). It was "dealer's choice" for the rest of the night and I finished with the tallest stack ($30 profit). We used the nudie playing cards RS got me from Hawaii - they obviously helped :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home