Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ramblings

Compulsory tie

There are two formal dinners on the cruise. Gentlemen are required to wear either a suit or a jacket and tie. I've got a nice grey sportscoat, but the only tie I own depicts Jesus Christ on a psychedelic background. So I went in search of something less offensive to oldsters, preferrably in green. The prices were outrageous! Up to $220 for stripes I didn't want in shades that didn't remotely appeal. In desperation, I checked a souvenir store and seized on a dark green tie dotted with tiny gold kangaroos. A bargain at $25 (with free stick pin). If I can't be fashionable, I'll settle for patriotic. Speaking of which...

No third final

I can't believe we lost the one-day cricket tri-series to India! Any wonder they're scrapping it as of next season.

Treat from Treats From Home

Peanut Butter M&M's. PB inside chocolate inside candy. Soft but not overly so. Swee-eet. Hope they get a local release.

"Ashes To Ashes"

That's the name of the sequel to stonking UK TV series "Life On Mars"! The action (and therefore soundtrack) have fast-forwarded a decade to the '80s, and it stars the delectable Keeley Hawes from "Spooks"! Sure, the conclusion of "L/O/M" was like a kick in the guts followed by a head'n'shoulders massage, but that won't stop me ordering this show the attosecond it's available on Amazon UK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home