Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Novocastria

Spent most of the weekend at my parents' house, feasting on their company and Mum's cooking. For Mother's Day, I got her a bottle of that new Rosemount O sparkling wine you have to serve over ice.

I did abscond for about four hours to practise my driving and drop in on JH and SH. She was busy preparing lessons for her class, but he was happy to have a chinwag. J. burnt me a disc with the first five episodes of season four "Who" (plus the "Confidential" documentaries). While I was there, we watched the [classic villain censored] two-parter.

My rail riding betwixt Sydders and Novocastria (as it's not called) was made bearable by Jacqueline Rayner's oh-so-inventive "Doctor Who: The Last Dodo" (2007) - the high-water mark of the present novel range.


Compulsory telly: Rugby league's Centenary Test (Kangaroos vs All Golds) and the AFL Hall Of Fame Tribute Match (Vics vs Dream Team).

Distinctly crispy: Thomas Chipman Rosemary & Thyme Potato Chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home