Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, June 13, 2008

Belated bleatings

Origin 2

Origin Poo, more like (he said maturely). Although I was repeatedly flipping over to "Miami Ink"/"London Ink" AND playing solitaire "M:TG", it was obvious they were murdering us down the left wing. So...30-0 and momentum must be with the Maroons for the decider.

New kids on the conveyor

Sushi Train are currently doing nigiri with grilled scallops (delish) and sesame squid (brownish in colour; still just tastes like wasabi). Sushi Roll have vego maki wrapped in cabbage instead of seaweed (too watery for my liking).

A whinge

Patrons seem to be struggling with the George St Greater Union's recently introduced numbered seating. Personally, I reckon it's tops and enjoy selecting my spot when I'm at the box office. But the number of people I see having to ask others to move suggests some folk either don't understand the concept or are feigning ignorance in the hope the rightful occupants will be too polite to say anything. I hate that!

Not always the deepest

The graphic novel-sized "Vertigo: First Cut" is actually seven issue #1s from the DC imprint, plus a preview of an eighth comic – all for the price of one, ie. AUD$6. With my hit/miss appraisals, they are: "Army@Love" (miss); "Crossing Midnight" (miss); "DMZ" (hit); "The Exterminators" (hit); "Jack Of Fables" (hit – as I already knew from reading "Fables"); "Loveless" (miss); and "Scalped" (miss). The previewed Vertigo title, "Air", also falls short of the mark. Terrific value, though, if your local comic store has it in stock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home