Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Expositional dialogue

Remember I contacted three long-lost pals on School Friends? Then you'll also recall nothing came of it. That changed yesterday when I got nicely pickled with CS2* at Paddy Maguire's in Haymarket. Over six or seven hours and 10 or 12 schooners, we reminisced about St Michael's, San Clemente and St Francis Xavier's, traded anecdotes about our differing tertiary experiences and careers, and compared sporting teams, rock concerts, etc. Like at least 50% of my acquaintances, he now makes his living in IT - while playing guitar in bands as a hobby, with some success. Chatting took a backseat when a talented Kiwi singer/keyboardist chick began wowing us with her enormous pop repertoire. Then we were singing along and yelling out requests with the rest of the patrons. Not to mention playing "Guess The Track" (I did OK for a while...). The muso babe nicknamed me "Happy Hat" because apparently I was smiling a lot, and two women made me dance with them to Womack & Womack's "Teardrops" - although, in my case, it was more of an inebriated shuffle. As spur-of-the-moment reunions go, it was memorable. I'm sure I'll catch up with CS2 again in the future.


*He can't be CS 'cos those intitials already refer to a workmate of mine.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Shane said...

I'm definitely calling you Happy Hat from now on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home