Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, February 05, 2009

That bus driver was a jerk

He didn't make eye contact as I got on, just stuck his hand out and continued reading whatever he was reading. A timetable maybe.

"City, please," I said, placing a $5 note in his palm.

"City, eh?" was his meaningless response.

I held out my hand for my ticket and change – and watched incredulously as he dumped them straight onto floor. Again, he wasn't even looking.

I retrieved the stub, plus the $1 and 50c coins that had rolled down the stairs. Couldn't spot the smaller silver and everyone was staring, so I proceeded towards the rear of the standing-room-only bus.

Then I realise the guy is holding up the other boarding passengers and yelling out to me: "Hey, mate, you forgot the rest of your money!" He must have seen where it landed (about the only thing he did see).

"Don't worry about it," I called back. And I'm thinking, "Haven't you embarrassed me enough, ya jerk?"

Must remember to buy a weekly ticket at lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home