Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, April 27, 2009

The echothatwon'tletgo

Yesty evening, a bus ticket machine swallowed my weekly pass and refused to spit it out again. I was miffed because (a) they cost 38 bucks, and (b) I'd only "activated" it on Saturday. The driver requested I write my contact details on a blank card and assured me he'd have a technician examine the faulty unit when he returned to the depot. Like Thomas, I had my doubts. But when I hi-hoed off to work this morning, I checked the mailbox just in case. Zounds! There was an envelope from State Transit and inside was the missing pass - in perfectly useable condition. Faith in humanity temporarily restored.


Listening: "Amor Vincit Omnia" (2009) by Pure Reason Revolution. The British prog-rockers have had an electronic make-over. That means dancey bits, chip tune-ish bits and even vocoder! After the initial shock, my love for them abides.

Reading: "Doctor Who - The Story Of Martha" (2008) by Dan Abnett et al. Where Ms Jones went while the Master reigned, and the yarns she spread to give the populace hope. Unless I'm mistaken, the first anthology in the present range.

Wondering: If anyone else has noticed the cheeky-cute facial resemblance between American actress Spencer Grammer and Russian popster Oksana Pochepa. No?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home