Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, August 03, 2009

Slight exaggeration

Talk about the worst way of being reminded you're running late... As I rushed around Darling Harbour to a 6pm screening, I was rudely made aware that the hour had just arrived by the fleet of million-dollar vessels moored there as part of the Steak'N'Kidney International Boat Show sounding their enormously powerful horns in unison. This auditory bombardment was sustained for up to 30 seconds by the most sadistic skippers and, of course, the shortest distance to my destination was hurry-scurrying through ground zero. Which I did. Fortunately for me, things were behind schedule at the theatrette and I didn't miss a minute of the film. Pity I couldn't hear a single word as both of my eardrums were severely ruptured and blood and bright yellow pus were oozing down the sides of my head. Then I died.

(The bit about the sudden horn honking is true.)

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger RS said...

Made me laugh :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home