Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Eye Of Sauron Vindaloo

It's not that I dread returning to work tomorrow, it's simply that I'd rather be doing almost anything else :-) But let's face it, as paying gigs go, publishing is cushier than most. I could be cutting, bending and lugging metal pipes in the hot sun (been there, hated that).

This twelvemonth promises several changes, too, beginning with the editor reducing his in-office time to four days p/w, thus placing extra responsibility on the shoulders of Deputy Dawg here. No biggy. I'm treating it as an opportunity to improve my magazinecraft and have greater input into our product.

Will we be able to buck the long-term general downward trend in circulation? It won't be easy. We have a talented crew and continue to turn a profit in an over-saturated market. However, there are internal mutterings of further cutbacks and we really can't afford to lose more people and maintain our current standard. (I'll spare you the nitty-gritty about ad counts, print runs, etc.)

None of which has anything to do with ring-stinging curry - I just thought it was a funny name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home