Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The score (as known by Alan Moore)

At the cessation of hostilities in the latest Ultimate Fighting Championship pay-per-view, I'd successfully tipped 4/5 of the main-card stoushes (see "'UFC #111' hunches", below). I falsely assumed Frank Mir would submit Shane Carwin using a heel hook, but with heavyweights of their punching power, unconsciousness is only ever a 1-2 combination away. Pity for Frank that the ref let the pulverising continue to 7-8-9... I'm also gonna claim that I nominated Rousimar Palhares to easily defeat Tomasz Drwal (which he did) and Rodney Wallace to overwhelm Jared Hamman or gas out and lose (which he sorta did) when their prelim bouts were inserted as gap-fillers. Except that there's no-one to verify these retroactive assertions 'cos NONE of the jokers I invited over to watch the PPV showed. So 4/5, then.

RE: "Call to arms" blog entry - CS reminded me of an additional quality Australian flick released post-"Kokoda", viz. "Balibo".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home