Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, July 23, 2012

Thrown up by memory III

A sandwich topping I was mad about for a brief period in the 1980s. 'Twas a mixture of whole seeds, coated in a mysterious brown powder (looking back, I'm pretty sure soy sauce was involved). After getting home from high school, I would smash this stuff on buttered bread until Mum warned that dinner-spoiling was imminent and cut off the supply. I want to say my three siblings were equally addicted to the savoury seed mix, but it's too long ago... What I do recall is that it became an arvo diet staple, then suddenly disappeared from our pantry, never to return. So either the product/company failed or my oldies decided it was an unnecessary expense - especially in the quantities I was putting away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home