Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kicked upstairs

I went to a steakhouse and ordered the chicken. It was the North Strathfield outpost of the Outback Steakhouse chain, and I was there with DL, HV, their young'uns, CM and AM for a mega-early Christmas luncheon. We expected the OS to be kitsch, possibly even kerrap. Instead, the decor was relatively tasteful, the food good and the service exemplary. I selected the traditional Aussie favourites Gold Coast Coconut Prawns, Alice Springs Chicken and Chocolate Thunder, washed down with a Big Bloke Draught and a Bondi Iceberg. OK, those dishes/drinks aren't traditional anywhere outside of the Outback Steakhouse, but I still selected them. And...in short, a fun afternoon was had by all. When I got home, I watched my recording of UFC 154. The main event saw welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre return from an 18-month layoff to defeat interim champ Carlos Condit in a bloody, brilliant five-rounder. It seemed oddly appropriate after this week's "Degrassi: The Next Generation" MMA storyline (on Oz screens), in which one kid fought another for questioning GSP's ability. Only AM ordered the steak. We should have tried Bushies. No Foster's, sadly ;-)


CD: "Carry Me Back" (2012) by Old Crow Medicine Show

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home