Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, January 28, 2013

Nostaglia trap

At Mum and Dad's joint, I gathered branches and twigs, shovelled grass clippings and swept leaves until the green bin was full and I'd worked up an honest sweat. Then I swam in their oversized pool. Did underwater laps 'til I was puffing and my arms were tired. Floated on my back, watching the clouds coalesce and the gum tops dance. It was one of those moments of rare peace that makes you question your path in life. "Why can't it always be this way?"

Arrived halfway thru a DWCA meeting codenamed "Glitter Gun". Caught the highlights of Colin Baker's stint on Series 12 of "I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!". Big fella came across as extremely likeable. Revisited parts three and four of "Revenge Of The Cybermen", and the fab-tastic "More Than 30 Years In The TARDIS" doco. Attendees were polled regarding Christmas special. Scored a door prize and gave it to a kid. Semi-pished, set off in search of sushi.

Will be too busy to blerg during the week, so I'll tell youse in advance that MR and I are going to Mundine vs. Geale 2 @ the SEC on Wed. (If you aren't aware, the five-fight card also features Kimbo Slice.) "Peep Show" returns to ABC2 on Thurs. DL tried valiantly to organise a poker tournament for Fri, but that's been postponed indefinitely. May catch up with PB and/or SL and/or HB on Sat. for pubversation - unless, that is, I'm struggling to meet my Mon. deadline.


TV: "T/U/F/17"
iPad: "Punch Quest"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home