Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, March 29, 2013

Budgerigars

Apologies, Anish Kapoor, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to appreciate your acclaimed sculptures. It was muggy, the city was chaotic, and I'd had to trudge to the MCA with two bags of gear from my office. An office I was no longer to occupy after the sudden cancellation of my magazine (licence not renewed). I'd also spent 6-7 hours writing 100+ custom-tailored emails to everyone associated with the publication. So instead of art, I just saw funhouse mirrors and other optical tricks, a rusty hull and big wasp nests. That giant potter's wheel was cool, though, even if there wasn't a lot of wax left to push aside. See what I mean, Anish Kapoor? That's a terrible description of a seriously impressive installation. Blame the stuff above - and constant pausing to allow giggling adults to camera-snap their reflections.


TV: "Conspiracy Road Trip" (2012)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home