Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, May 03, 2014

FCBD

Had a shameful breakfast (two Adriano Zumbo Tim Tams), smashed my housework, then headed to the city for Free Comic Book Day.

Was done with "The Saturday Paper" by Martin Place. Photographed the huge Ben Chifley statue because reasons.


First stop: Books Kinokuniya. Queued for ~20 minutes for four gratis funnybooks - I chose the two on the right. Kitty for the nieces.


Swung by EB with half a mind to purchasing "Child Of Light". Alas, they were only selling a download code or a d/c + ephemera.


Picked up my "Journey Into Nyx" Fat Pack from GG (pre-ordered at a discount). Would I open a "divine" booster with all 15 gods?

No. Nor did I jag this wrecking ball -


Second stop: Kings. The line was laughably long, so I kept on walking...while accidentally capturing a cute fan interaction.


Third stop: Superhero Comics, Enmore. No queueing whatsoever and these friendly folks allowed me to choose five titles.


Made my way to The Henson for a "Dirty Bird" (10-spice chicken, yellow rice and dry slaw) and a Young Henrys Real Ale.


Asked about the pinball room. The barman told me it's presently closed due to their licence not covering coin-operated machines.

Watched the Jets narrowly lose to the Sea Eagles. When Newtown score a try, a bloke on a penny farthing does a lap of the oval.


Pay no attention to that crowd figure - it's a running joke. They even announce it over the PA.

Trudged from Marrickville to Railway Square and spied plenty of freaky graffiti. I dug this piece -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home