Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, May 21, 2015

In the days of Ford Cortina

When I was growing up, my beloved maternal grandmother (sadly no longer with us) drove a Cortina. It wasn't my favourite model of the car, an honour which belongs to this'un -


Nor was it the model that would much later feature in brain-bending retro cop show "Life On Mars" -


It was similar to this version, though with no racing stripe, more doors and less lions -


When I picture it, I picture the rear end, ready to be backed by Grandma from the garage behind her house out onto the road at full speed (as was her wont) -


You may not believe that a Cortina could achieve a very great velocity reversing the length of a surburban driveway. But to my cousins/siblings and I, it felt like this -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home