Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Getting my backside trackside

Will be in Melbourne over the weekend for this:


Mainly because I really enjoy watching motorcycle speedway racing (international and British) on telly and am worried I won't have another chance to see the world's best riders live. But also 'cos it's in my blood. My maternal grandfather was a huge fan who regularly took Mum and her siblings to the local races when they were kids.

I'd been under the impression granddad LD was involved in the sport at some point, either riding bikes or fixing them (he was a gun mechanic) or maybe even both. Phoned Ma to check and learnt that, much as he liked speedway, his passion was restoring _vintage_ motorcycles and taking part in rallies with other enthusiasts.

Nevertheless, I'm sure he woulda approved of my pilgrimage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home