Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Tear your breadroll

I'd like to report a murder. It's not often you witness a team score three hungee. Warwick's curious foursome didn't even seem to be trying that hard. Your hero answered 19 right while playing along at home, drinking red wine. I know a fair amount of trivia, but the only thing I know about Warwick Uni is that its female rowing squad used to produce "shy nude" (naughty bits hidden) calendars to raise money for charity. I even bought a couple.
When I began my BA in 1991, there were two ladies in their 60s in our first-year cohort. They were friends and went all the way through the degree together. How cool is that? A mate who's semi-retired told me he wouldn't mind going to TAFE and studying electrical engineering, just to be able to apply the knowledge and expertise to his own projects (he's always making rad stuff). I'd offer to join him, but it's not an area of interest to me.

I'll be at my original home-town university tomorrow. Our car gets its annual service at a garage within walking distance of the campus, so as in past years, I'll wander over there, eat lunch from a cafe or food truck, then read a book in the library until a mechanic messages me to say the Ford is ready. I've missed the place ever since I left. Happiest time of my life. Shoulda done a PhD and gone into academia, except I was sick of being poor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home