Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, April 01, 2024

Easter Monday

What is Easter to me now? Nothing religious, I'm afraid. Mainly chocolate. The public holiday aspect doesn't mean much when you work from home and rarely go anywhere. Speaking of holidays, I've been reading and watching a ton about Iceland for a writing assignment. On Ash Wednesday in Iceland (Oskudagur), kids dress up in costumes, visit local businesses and sing songs/tell jokes in exchange for sweets. A further parallel with Halloween is that they will sometimes play a trick on a person by pinning a tiny bag of ashes to their back. Or at least that was the tradition. It's probably just singing for candy these days. Imagine if you sang an old Sugarcubes number and received sugar cubes in return. I've sworn off chocolate until Christmas...or maybe my birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home