Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dispatch #3

Mum and Dad flew in today. Spent time with them and Uncle J., Auntie L., cousin J., her fiance M., and their baby G.

Hired a car from Budget for the rest of my stay... The little hatchback they'd promised me over the phone was found to have a mechanical problem, which meant I got a free upgrade to a Commodore Executive.

Tried camel meat! At a place in the main mall called the Red Ochre Grill, I had a camel steak sandwich. The flesh was sliced thin and seemed quite red even after char-grilling. Mum and I both agreed it tasted like beef rump.

Tomorrow, I go to Uluru - or as we knew it at school, Ayers Rock. I'd always imagined it was located right next to Alice (or vice versa). Not so. The tour bus is swinging by here at 6am and I won't be back 'til midnight!

Can't wait to visit one of earth's natural wonders. However, I don't plan to climb it as apparently that's frowned upon by the local Aboriginal tribe.


Random Alice Springs fact: Grasshoppers abound!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home