Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Unreliable narrator

I e-mailed Vision Australia, briefly introducing myself and volunteering to read books, newspapers, etc. onto tapes (or whatever they use) for the blind. A week later, I received a thanks but no thanks. Not 'cos they didn't like the cut of my jib. We never reached the jib-inspecting stage. I was informed that as all "narration" (at least in Sydney) is done during business hours, my full-time job would prevent me taking part. My disappointment is now tinged with curiosity. Does that mean most readers are retirees? Are there any young voices? And when do the weekend papers get recorded?

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Peter Pan said...

If its anything like the uk, the voice over artists do it as their full time job .. and by full time I mean they work roughly 10 - 4 mon to fri......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home