Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Pa(ren)thetic

The weekend began with me getting loaded on Costa Rican Imperial beer at the Civic, then being shown the door at what Al Bundy would call "the nudie bar" (for accidentally smashing a bottle of Heineken). It ended with me lining up to have a DVD signed by a former Doctor Who (Sylvester McCoy - who I'd previously met at Whovention 2000).

In between, I learnt how to take care of my sister's pet rabbit for a week (easy-peasy), watched both series of "Spaced" and most of the extras on the "3 Disc Collectors' Edition" (now I see what all the fuss was about!), rediscovered my love for Barbecue Shapes and ate proper hot baked ham for the first time in years (perhaps decades).

I skim-read the August ish of "Newtype" (sorry, none of the recent anime sagas excite me), lingered over the Vertigo graphic novel "Fables: Legends In Exile" (same magical feeling I had on first venturing into Gaiman's "Sandman"!), also read "Ricky Gervais Presents The World Of Karl Pilkington" (transcripts from RG's early podcasts with added KP mentalism), and will next embark on Susan Cooper's 1963 Arthurian-themed romp "Over Sea, Under Stone" (it's my aim to complete the five-book cycle before seeing the film adaptation of "The Dark Is Rising").

Not a lot happened on the gaming front, though I did make it to level 22 on "Zoo Keeper" (gotta save those binoculars!). And I just had an extended Internet sesh, which has caught me up with every site I've ever cared about and unearthed a few treasures (eg. the new "D/W" toon "The Infinite Quest" is all over YouTube, kids).

I'll try to be less of a beer-fuelled fanboy in future (yeah, right).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home