Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Curse you, Jonny Wilkinson!

No sooner had I put a fiver on the Wallabies to win the Rugby World Cup (at odds of 7-1) than England, who'd struggled in their Pool A matches, played their hearts out and nullified our attack to the tune of 12-10. I almost choked on my toasted tuna sandwich. Their dirty dozen points all came from penalties kicked by You-Know-Bloody-Who. Four more years before we can have our revenge for the 2003 final...

[Eight hours later:] By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth! Awoke to the shock news France had eliminated the red-hot favourite All Blacks, 20-18. Part of me thinks we should just hand the Webb Ellis Cup to South Africa right now, but I guess if there have been two major upsets, there could always be a third.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home