Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, October 22, 2007

Dental as anything

Saw a dentist for the first time in about 15 years! The visit was meant to be a free service from my health fund, but because I had no patient record they needed to take a bunch of X-rays - and I had to reach into my wallet. The upside: no cavities! "Nice straight teeth," said the doc. Scheduled a second appointment for a fortnight's time to get everything scraped and polished. Then they might not see me again until 2022 :-)


Reading:
* "Happyslapped By A Jellyfish: The Words Of Karl Pilkington" (Second tome by KP, the comedic savant "discovered" on Ricky Gervais' podcast. This one's a collection of unhappy travel tales that had me guffawing on the bus ride home.)
* "Bleach #21" by Tite Kubo (After the darkly magnificent ending of issue #20, Ichigo and co. are returned to Earth to continue their supernatural war. I was bored with all that Soul Society politics, anyway. Many questions raised.)
* "Blind Faith" by Ben Elton (His latest. I'm only on page 34. The ABC's Monday line-up - "Four Corners", "Media Watch" and "Enough Rope" - made it too easy for this lounge lizard to bask in the glow of the cathode ray tube.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home