Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, February 11, 2008

Elongated weekend

Don't trust "Foxtel" magazine! It listed the Pro Bowl - the annual all-star game held in Hawaii post-Super Bowl - as screening on Fox Sports 2 from 10am-2pm. When I flipped on the telly at 9.30, it was already under way on FS2 (8.30-12) and, in an unadvertised "bonus", ESPN (8.30-11.30). Which meant I could only record the condensed replay (Fox Sports 3, 6-8pm) for posterity. I'd be more upset if the NFC hadn't vanquished the AFC, the conference my Colts belong to, by 42-30.

The reason I was home was that I had doctor's appointments before and after lunch. It's OK, I passed muster. Anyway, my boss agreed it wasn't worth coming in to the office for 2-3 hours in the arvo and permitted me to take the day off (time in lieu). Between medical consultations and the uni library, I refuelled at local cafe Bar Coluzzi. The walls are lined with snaps of celebs meeting namesake and employee Luigi Coluzzi Sr, Australian Middleweight Boxing Champion 1956-57.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home