Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spectating

Went to the SCG for the fifth day of the Pura Cup cricket final between New South Wales and Victoria. The Bushrangers required an improbable 532 additional runs for victory; we needed to take eight more wickets. White made 57, Jewell 99 (poor bugger) and Crosthwaite 50, but by precisely 3.01pm the matter was settled. Lee, Clark and Casson had done the necessary damage and my Blues were triumphant.

Walked to the city via Yoshinoya (stomach was gurgling to be fed), then on to the Art Gallery Of NSW. As usual, I strongly disagreed with the Archibald, Wynne and Sulman Prize winners. Had I the option to hang an entry from each comp on my walls, I'd take Yi Wang's "Long Hair", either David Keeling's "Narawntapu, Close Up, II" or Andrew Bennett's "The Casual Farmer", and Keith Lane's "8 Histories".


Eye candy: "PiQ" magazine (April 2008). "Newtype USA" grows up and, um, shrinks.
Ear candy: "Nil Recurring" EP (2007) - Porcupine Tree. My first "super jewel box" :-)
Actual candy: Japanese mandarine-flavoured Kit Kats. Fangs, sis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home