Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, June 26, 2008

How to deal

Earlier, at the service station, the woman in front of me requested a recharge for her Vodafone mobile but was apologetically informed the system was down. "I'm VERY upset about this," she stated loudly, and seemed on the verge of a tirade. The attendant calmly replied, "If you're upset, I'm upset, because that means I can't sell it to you." To which there was no rejoinder. Situation defused.

Then, when I checked my mail, I found a note from the bloke across the hall. His apartment was burgled yesterday and, by the sound of it, he lost the lot. There was no hint of accusation or acrimony in his words, he merely wished to warn his neighbours to keep their doors and windows locked. He added that the police had told him the drainpipes outside our building are very climbable! I haven't met this fella, but to be thinking of others at a time when it would be so much easier to wallow in self-pity is a class act. Respect, mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home