Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, June 16, 2008

PK from Tyranny Of The Blank Page's meme

The top seven songs in my life right now:

1. "Don't Stop Believin'" – Journey. As I walked through the tunnel to Railway Square yesterday, a young Indian(?) busker started singing this – and he was frickin' good. I dropped my pocket change into his guitar case. Journey 4EVER!

2. "Still Alive" – Jonathon Coulton and GlaDOS. Despite the rave reviews, I've never gotten around to playing "Portal", the videogame from which this eerily brilliant track comes. I heard it on YouTube (as can you), then downloaded it from iTunes.

3. "Mr. Pitiful" - Matt Costa. Opening choon on the "Unfamiliar Faces" album, which I liberated from the free CDs shoebox of a sister publication. A pop gem, jolly yet imploring, that prepares you for the curious mixture ahead.

4. "Wasted Years" - Iron Maiden. When RS2 received a double of "Somewhere Back In Time - The Best Of: 1980-1989", she was kind enough to pass it on. Lately, I've been revisiting the intricate guitar of this uplifting anthem (is that redundant?).

5. "Wise Up! Sucker" - Pop Will Eat Itself. I worshipped these "grebo" dudes in senior high and beyond. I dunno how many times BP and I watched the clip. Makes me wanna jump in a car, speed to a converted warehouse, then...um, swivel in a chair.

6. "Dancing In The Moonlight" - Toploader. That's two tracks on my list with hand claps! Tried to purchase this feelgood, jingle-jangle single (actually a cover) in 2000, but it'd already been deleted. That sorta thing's no longer a problem.

7. "Wired For Sound" - Cliff Richard. Because everyone needs an embarrassing song to perform in the shower :-) Covered in cobwebs, absolutely inane lyrics and it makes me stoopidly happy the same way it did when I was nine years old.

I hereby tag BS, RS, DL, SC, CM, PB and DQ to continue the meme on *their* blogs!

3 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger King Harvest said...

Dancing in the Moonlight!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Addster said...

Hey, I like the original!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Challenge: accepted. I cheated on three counts though - I picked 14 songs, didn't tag anyone...and wouldn't say I *enjoy* what one of the songs does to me ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home