Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Brisbane

Left Coffs before dawn. Used my tiny book light to illuminate "Learning To Fly" (2001) by Victoria Beckham. I like her, too. Savvy but not sly. As critical of herself as anyone. Years of sadness before the happily ever after. My dance-mad sister AC may be interested to know VB passed her teacher's exams in ballet, modern and tap and always scored highly commended or honours. Absorbed 1000 pages on Posh and Becks in 48 hours - enough! Broke my fast at the Big Prawn in Ballina. Motoring through the Gold Coast, passed right by the 78-floor Q1, the tallest residential building on the planet. Reached Brissie and checked in at Rydges, South Bank. Located the nearest Ticketek and purchased a ticket for the Wallabies' rematch with France at Suncorp on Saturday. Then saw "Picasso & His Collection" at the Gallery Of Modern Art. Should have been titled "Picasso & Friends", in my opinion, as it seems he and his mates were always trading artworks. Definitely special seeing a photo of PP hanging a painting in his studio, then seeing the painting itself. Learnt about the mysterious Master Of Processions and the "exquisite corpse" game (I'd heard the term). Massive exhibition, this one - allow yourself at least 90 minutes. Watched Origin 3 in my suite, consuming room service tucker and XXXX Gold. When it was clear Queensland had us beat, the enemy brew turned to ashes in my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home