Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, September 12, 2008

Nuisance caller

Someone from an unfamiliar organisation rang wanting to confirm my details so they could "discuss my file". It sounded like marketing hooey, so I interrupted their spiel with my standard response to telemarketers: "Sorry, I'm not interested. Please remove me from your list. Thank you." I hung up and they immediately phoned back, insisting it was an important matter and, presumably to frighten me into co-operating, saying, "You haven't taken care of your responsibilities." I got angry and forced them to admit they were from a finance company. Super-suss, I agreed only to reveal my birthdate (they already knew my first initial, surname and suburb). Well, it turns out the person they're seeking was born in the '50s - 20 years before me. The nuisance caller tried to apologise and I made that difficult for them. I reckon they were systematically going through the phone book, bothering every unlucky bugger with a similar name, in a bid to fluke their mysterious defaulter. And after hours on a Friday, too. SCUM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home