Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Exercise and diet

Midway through season three of "Hard Knocks" - a grid iron reality show in the untainted sense of the term - I had a codec issue. PB advised me to download and install ffdshow from SourceForge.net. Gave that a whirl yesterday afternoon and it did the trick. By this morning, bleary eyed, I'd completed series four, which takes the viewer inside the Dallas Cowboys' 2008 training camp.

My verdict: just as enjoyable as experiencing pre-season with the Kansas City Chiefs, though a mite heavy on montages. Despite their celebrity status, "America's team" was revealed to be a very family oriented outfit. As PB observed when he gave me the disc, some players you might think are loose cannons - prime example Terrell Owens - turn out to be downright responsible.


On the menu: (Courtesy of AK, my locally based sister.) Roast capsicums stuffed with mince, rice and other vegies, and topped with melted cheese. These green'n'red fatties are bursting with flavour!

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Shane said...

That sounds infinitely more exciting than my patented "Vegemite on toast" dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home