Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Cinematic!

Suddenly, I find myself in possession of an honest-to-goodness home theatre: a 107cm Samsung plasma TV and kick-arse Yamaha amplifier with matching 5.1 speaker kit, playing nice with my LG DVD recorder and Foxtel STU. How so? The honour roll reads as follows...

PB for selling me the set at a generous "mate's rate". VK for heavy lifting and cheerful haulage at short notice (and offering to help dismantle and recycle the giant cardboard boxes). AM for explaining concepts and recommending suppliers to this neophyte. And PB again for logical planning, retail guidance and expert installation. Were it not for him, I'd probably still have been cable-wrangling at midnight.

In my opinion, the ultimate test of any AV set-up will always be 1999's "The Matrix" and let me just say, Trinity is in the shape of her life! But seriously, it's like a whole new, dazzling, deafening movie.


$4.95 HC from BerkelouW

"No Excuses" (2006) by Charlie Weis and Vic Carucci - underline: "One man's incredible rise through the NFL to head coach of Notre Dame." Fascinating so far.

Glutton for nourishment

Darrell Lea Christmas Nougat Pudding. This was a gift from my toddler niece, who I suspect may have had an assist from Santa :-) It's the coconut that makes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home