Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, May 01, 2009

AWL

The powers that be (The Thing Upstairs) regularly hassle me (Berk) about accruing too much leave, so with the editor's permission I took today off. Whenever I'm granted an absence, I immediately feel under pressure to do all of the things I *wish* I was doing while I'm stuck in the office. Which is, of course, impossible. Still, May Day wasn't entirely unproductive... Had a lie-in, watched "Top 10: Infantry Fighting Vehicles" on TDC, progressed further in Nintendo DS title "Retro Game Challenge", did chores and food shopping, witnessed a derelict 4WD get towed from my street, dug out Journey's "Trial By Fire" album and gave it a few spins for 1996's sake, took a constitutional around the university campus, found a b-day gift for my niece, ripped through issue #188 of "Hyper", finished one "Who" novel and began another ("Beautiful Chaos" (2008) by Gary Russell), saw the majority of the two NRL games plus the opening parts of web conspiracy series "The Ennead" (ta for the tip, LA), eschewed takeaways, wrote my ten-thousandth lazy list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home