Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Devalued dreams

Warning: may contain traces of finance.

For some reason, I was labouring under the misapprehension that you can't alter the governing email address on an Amazon account. You can, of course, and it's a doddle. Now that I've finally done so, my UK and US store receipts won't be forwarded to a derelict inbox - and I needn't fear losing my precious wishlists (which presently sum to a not-gonna-happen AUD$486.94 plus postage).

Under that banner and caveat, I'd also intended to rivetingly diarise the acts of reducing my union contributions to match my modest projected earnings for this f/y, lodging my increasingly complicated tax return and, as an independent contractor, setting up a system for making regular tax payments and superannuation contributions (oh, for an employment agency to handle vulgar pecuniary affairs).

Unfortunately, I haven't managed any of that yet because, er, I was recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier from Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada. Or some shit.

And if you think this entry is lame, wait until you get a load of the next one. I took notes during Joss Whedon's talk this arvo, so I could share the spilled beans. Cool, huh? Yeah, except I was sitting in a darkened auditorium and my handwriting is less copperplate than dog's dinner plate. If I were youse, I'd stay glued to this page, hitting refresh.


Listening: Audio adaptations of the three lovably awful/quaint "Doctor Who" stage shows, viz. "The Ultimate Adventure", "Seven Keys To Doomsday" and "Curse Of The Daleks"
Reading: "The Professor, The Banker And The Suicide King - Inside The Richest Poker Game Of All Time" (2005) by Michael Craig (ta, DQ), "Gamer Fantastic" (2009) edited by Martin H. Greenberg and Kerrie Hughes
Watching: "American Splendor" (2003)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home