Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Follow the bloodline..."

For a blue-balled Aussie lad in the '80s wishing to convey his yearnings to his girlfriend via mixtape, there was no more obvious inclusion than Mondo Rock's sublime "Come Said The Boy". The singer of that song, Ross Wilson, penned "Eagle Rock" for his earlier group Daddy Cool, championed and produced Skyhooks, co-wrote John Farnham's monster hit "A Touch Of Paradise" and, as DQ reminds me, must also take the blame for the earworm "Bop Girl", performed by his then-missus Pat. Where's all this leading? It's leading to me telling you that Ross's current solo single, "I Come In Peace", is a devilishly catchy slice of Oz rock (check out - www.youtube.com/rosswilsonmusic#p/a). And I'm not just saying that because of the hot blonde guitarist in the clip. When CM scored an invite to the launch of the album of the same name tonight at The Basement, I encouraged him to RSVP and "+1" me. I'll update later on whether the rest of the tracks are of a similar standard.


[15/8: Live renditions can be deceiving, but I believe there are 2-3 other good'uns on "I/C/I/P".]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home