Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, August 02, 2010

American excess

Despite the fact he packed up his truck and moved to Beverly - [plucks figure out of thin air] - five years ago, American Express has never stopped junk-mailing BS at this address, trying to get its talons on his IT bucks. I've returned the envelopes to sender marked "not known at this address" and he's spoken to the company from his end, but when there was still no cessation I resigned myself to recycling an extra wad of paper periodically. That changed today when I was delivered another fantastic, unmissable offer for my erstwhile flatmate, along with TWO for me (there were slight variations in the details, implying that a couple of unscrupulous orgs have sold my data of late). I phoned AE's hotline and politely requested it leave my mailbox the hell alone. The fella had me open each letter and quote a string of digits. He explained cancellation will take 6-8 weeks...during which time I may receive further offers.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I get it here too. I've never even had an American Express card. I get offers from American Express, Diners Club, Chase, Bank of America and several others constantly. I even get offers for cards I already have! And for every one I get Lakshmi gets two.

It boggles the mind how much time, money, paper and energy these companies waste by sending this junk week over week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home