Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, October 29, 2010

Bit of shoosh

Youse won't hear a peep out of me via DGN, Twitter or etheric-beam mail until Nov. 8th or 9th. I'm heading north for a coupla stress-free days with Mum and Dad, a sorry-I-couldn't-make-it-to-your-wedding supper with GH and his lovely new wife J. (there's idle talk of a 900g steak challenge), and about a week hanging out at the beachside bungalow (well, you can see the ocean from upstairs) of PG and DG. When I stayed with these pals for seven days last April, P. and I were able to finish a total of 18 videogames. Not sure we'll surpass that Stallion83-like accomplishment this year (there's apparently a garden shed that needs constructing), but it's gonna be fun trying. Expect an anal-retentive rundown when I return. Good luck punting on the Melbourne Cup! Muggins here will be going for my fourth collect in a row. Ker-ching?


Listening: "So" (1986) by Peter Gabriel. I fair dinkum wore out a cassette of this masterpiece in Year 9. Finally found a CD copy ("Disc made in Mexico") at heavy metal store Utopia, of all places.
Reading: "Love Songs For The Shy And Cynical" (2009) by Robert Shearman. Psst! There's a secret story on the inside of the dust jacket.
Watching: "The Red Baron" (2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home