Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, October 08, 2010

Klein bottle blonde

On a day when I committed the cardinal sin of overwriting a punchline...with extra words...that weren't necessary, I also pre-registered for an international "Magic: The Gathering" tournament.

Grand Prix Sydney - format: "Scars Of Mirrodin" sealed deck - is taking place at the Hoyts Entertainment Quarter tomorrow and, for the 64 or so top-ranked spellslingers, on Sunday.

I swung by the venue after work, plonked down my AUD$40/US$38.88 and received an XXL event shirt (sky blue, Jace Beleren piccy) and commemorative foil Umezawa's Jitte card for my troubles.

Picked up a Cancon 2011 entry booklet, too, and tittered at the tagline: "33 years - older than Alexander The Great." I may attend, depending on the line-up for CMC Rocks The Snowys.

Given that I so rarely play "M:TG" against homo sapiens, I don't expect to win (m)any rounds in the tourney. Chances are, a severe pasting will see me drop and skedaddle to the "RALPH" pickernic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home