Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Parasol stars

This spring day in the eastern suburbs is like summer. Taking my weekly constitutional, I passed at least six people of Asian ethnicity carrying umbrellas - men and women. I can dig it. Better to attract stares for your brolly than for a skin cancer burnt/cut off your face later in life. A glint at my feet on a paved pathway revealed a "diamond" in a metal bezel. Quote marks because it failed the scratch test (dispelling a vision of me heroically returning it to its distraught owner). Coincidentally - diamonds, feet - my copy of the expanded and remastered "Graceland" arrived this week. I bought Paul Simon's masterwork on cassette in 1986 and wore it wobbly. Will be good to revisit the album for its 25th anniversary. Most of the visitors to this webs(h)ite hail from, in order: Australia, the US, the Netherlands, Russia, South Korea, Germany, Malaysia, the UK, France and Latvia. World music?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home