Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bong disposal squad ++

Asakusa, Newtown is a VFM JPNS RSTRNT. That doesn't really work, does it? Never mind. As well as being VFM, it has a friendly atmosphere. When I visited, after Thursday's Russian lit. class, several of the other customers appeared to be regulars, based on the smiley greetings they exchanged with the staff. I took the opportunity to try togarashi tofu, which is like my old favourite agedashi tofu but with chilli and garlic added to the deep-fried bean curd in miso broth (spring onions and bonito flakes are standard to both, AFAIK RDRS). When the waiter set it down, he just said, "Hot tofu." It wasn't very. Unless he meant temperature. However, the flavour was pleasant and I'll probably choose t/t in preference to a/t when it's available in future. The lamb katsu could never compare to Mum's lamb cutlets, with the meat inside these crunchy golden crumbs thin and slightly dry, but there were a few pieces and it made a change from the chicken and pork varieties. Even if I wouldn't order that dish again, I'd be prepared to return to Asakusa and sample something else. And if you're ever there, look up. Then explain to me exactly how all of those little lights on wires hanging from crosswires aren't dangerous. WTF HLTH & SFTY?

Addster: "I bought this pen here yesterday, then found it didn't contain any ink."
Newsagent: "That's not possible." [Scowls]
Addster: "It was about 2.30 in the afternoon, I paid $2.95 for it and I think it might have been you who served me."
Newsagent: [Takes and scans pen, presumably checks sales log] "I'm sorry, please take another."

PB stayed over Saturday, ahead of a week of business here in Sydders. When we weren't walking and talking for miles, we were sport-watching and talking for hours. We also managed to squeeze in feeds from three of my fave nosheries - Sushi Fusion, The Jilted Anchovy and La Cocina.

"People talk about Steven Moffat as being this masterful juggler. Maybe, but he's like a juggler who comes into your home, picks up your most precious things and throws them into the air. Rather than being impressed with his skill, all you want is for him to put them down again and go away"
- Me, in an email discussion about the present decline of "Doctor Who". Yes, I'm proud of that analogy :-)

Okey-dokey, back to "El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron" on PS3...


No. of cards required for a full set of "Innistrad": nine (5xR, 4xM).


Badly gashed the ring finger on my right hand :-(

Now that "The Guild" is betwixt seasons - http://bit.ly/pPVm50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home