Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, December 26, 2011

Taren Capel

BS flies in tomorrow, RS on Wednesday, and PB on Thursday. MB is coming over on NYD. Not sure how much blogging I'll be doing betwixt now and January 2-3, but I can fill in a few gaps...

Dec. 23

Train to Newie. Began super sequel "The Magician King" (2011) by Lev Grossman. Met my new niece for the first time (her twin brother was asleep). Enjoyed pepper steak, Platinum Blonde and Chris Gayle's T20 century. World Poker Tour Venice sapped the rest of my energy. Across the road from my parents' place, the competing lightshows of next-door neighbours winked on through the night.

Dec. 24

Met my new nephew. Removed thousands of leaves from the pool, patio and gutter. The third job left me with sunburnt forearms that are currently itching like bastards. Quaffed official AC/DC Highway To Hell 2008 Cab Sav. "Best Of Aussie Boxing 2011" didn't disappoint. Can't say the same for "Alaskan Monster Hunt".

Dec. 25

Took it lemon-squeezy in the heat, reading and dreaming beneath a gently circulating fan. Continued to appreciate family and food. Tried Rekorderlig Strawberry Lime Cider. Trifle made its annual appearance. Dad wanted a break from crime novels, which he devours in notimeflat, so I put him onto Gaiman's "American Gods". Period fillum "Easy Virtue" (2008) got the thumbs up from four of us.

Dec. 26

Boxing Day Test. Train to Sydney. Closed the cover on "T/M/K". Parked my butt in front of the telly, then mysteriously lost several hours - abducted by aliens?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home