Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, May 25, 2012

Solutionism

"You've been playing stacks of 'Magic: The Gathering' lately," writes reader ZD of Hollywood. "What gives?"

Well, Z., end-of-semester assignments/study have kept me stuck at home for the better part of a fortnight, where solo "M:TG" has served as reward and respite.

Hell, I've already finished testing the Avacyn Restored precons...

1st - "Angelic Might" [W/g] - 4 matches, 10 games
2nd - "Bound By Strength" [U/G] - 2 matches, 8 games
3rd - "Fiery Dawn" [R/W] - 2 matches, 7 games
4th - "Slaughterhouse" [B/r] - 1 match, 3 games
5th - "Solitary Fiends" [B/U] - 1 match, 2 games

I actually scribbled notes after each duel, except now I can't be bothered transcribing them. All right, I'll furnish you with a selection...

"Fettergeist sucks."
"Crushed by the 'soulbond' mechanic again."
"Zealous Conscripts was a game-winner."
"A classic back-and-forth critter battle."
"B/U on the defensive the whole time."
"Vigilant fatties devoured the swarm."
"Another round and W/g would've had complete board control." (And this regarding one of only two defeats it suffered.)
"Life gain the difference."
"Cathar's Crusade + Thatcher Revolt = broken."
"Overrun!!!"

So there you go, ZD. I hope I've answered your question while perhaps tempting you to give Avacyn Restored a try - just remember to fight on the side of the angels. Say hello to ED for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home