Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Ender - or is it?

Just printed and signed the confidentiality agreement required to gain access to the 10am preview of "Ender's Game". I love the novel, which was introduced to me by BP back when we were teenagers (I later passed it on to Dad and sister AC). I've read at least 10 of the related books and always enjoy the long discussions of strategy, tactics and ethical dilemmas. But I must admit I'm worried that this thoughtful aspect of "E/G" will be lost in the Hollywood-isation, in favour of CGI action. It's also troubling that author Orson Scott Card, who writes such reasonable discourses, should be opposed to marriage equality. Then there's the problem of how to cram history, admiration, misgivings and a plot synopsis into a 150-word online review!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home