Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Noise

My microwave is old and has started making a worrying noise, so I'm going to purchase a replacement this morning.

Thinking about microwaves brings to mind a brief period when I flatted with a hippie chick. Since she didn't own one, I immediately bought one. I sat it on the kitchen bench (not plugged in), went out to the bins to dispose of the box and the next thing I knew there was an awful burnt smell in the air.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I used it," she said.

Unfortunately, prior to heating up whatever, she'd neglected to remove the plastic covering at the back, which was now scorched and giving off an unpleasant aroma.

That hippie chick liked burning things. When I applied for the room, she forgot to mention that she smoked herbal cigarettes (not code for pot) in front of the TV all night. It was why I moved out a month later, taking my still faintly plastic-ponging microwave with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home