Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, October 08, 2018

Time capsule

This blog commenced in mid-2006.

I recently uncovered a company-supplied diary from 2004 in which I had recorded all of my extracurriculars for that year, pasting in the tickets where they existed.

It lists 25 sporting events (seven of them internationals), three concerts, 18 exhibitions, 17 movies and 18 miscellaneous outings.

Notes:

* I was at the first one-day cricket match under lights at Telstra Stadium...along with 26,000+ others. Pretty sure PB was there with me.

* Regarding a trade fair attended by CM and myself: "Made some good contacts - we think!"

* Surprise musical guests at a Catharine Britt country gig included Dave Gleeson from the Screaming Jets.

* A strip club's invitation-only reopening entailed "free food, free martinis and a Kirsten Dunst-alike".

* On the play "Copenhagen", staged at the Wharf Theatre: "A mysterious episode in wartime atomic science is bombarded with possibility until it explodes with meaning."

* I visited a honey farm, a butterfly house and did a dolphin-/whale-spotting cruise in the space of a few days.

* There were at least two "Doctor Who" fan events held in Sydney during the year. AP2 probs joined me for those.

* The Australian International Motor Show (RIP) was still going.

* The "Magic: The Gathering" NSW State Championship could fit inside an RSL club. Ran into a guy from the glory days of Card Trek.

* My ticket into the Bradman Cricket Museum, Bowral read "ADMIT ONE CHILD", leaving me puzzled.

* I was prepared to view art exhibitions on everything from scrimshaw to The Beatles' stint in Germany to models naked save for strategically placed checkerboards!

* There sure were some live sporting nailbiters: Swans 80 - Hawks 79; Blues 9 - Maroons 8; Kings 97 - Pirates 96, etc.

* Return flight to Canberra? Why? The 2004 diary doesn't reveal.

2 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Shane Cubis said...

No mention of my one-day trial, I take it?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Addster said...

You shoulda sold tickets :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home