Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, July 12, 2021

Type train

The latest issue of "Wireframe" magazine (#52) has a terrific six-page article by David Crookes about type-in listings for early home computers. It's well researched and well written.

I'd forgotten about this type-in printed in "Mad" -

I *know* I entered the appropriate listing into my Commodore 64. However, my memory is that the undertaking was only a partial success. 

That was often the case with these programs, since the chance of keying an incorrect character was quite high. That or they didn't work at all. But we typed them in anyway, like apprentice magicians desperate to replicate a spell we'd been shown.

You can download the relevant ish of "Wireframe" FREE here -

https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/issues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home