Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Vaccin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Had my second dose of Pfizer. The clinic was a lot busier - a positive sign. 

Overheard one security guard advising another that if a person hesitated when answering the list of questions about where they'd been, who they'd had contact with and how they were feeling, to scrutinise their ID in case they'd snuck in from outside the area.

I was made to replace my mask because it wasn't new today! (They gave me a freebie.)

A safety rule had also been added where any plastic chair you sat on had to be reversed when you were done, so the cleaning crew knew to immediately give it a once-over.

In the waiting section, the screen in front of me was requesting an update to Microsoft Edge.

The needle nurse was even more thorough than last time.

In the observation section, a different nurse asked if I was OK. That didn't happen after my first jab. 

Nurses, eh? Some of the caringest creatures the gods ever blew breath into. A friend, unsure what to study at uni, enrolled in Nursing partly just to be around them! That guy ended up running a pub in London.

Exiting, I passed a huddle of staff who were pointing up and looking for something in the rafters. "He was over there, then he got scared and went that way." I bet it was a possum.

It's such a relief to be fully vaccinated. I wish you the same opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home